Caribbean Area Civil Rights
MISSION: To provide counsel and recommendations to the Director on civil rights for
all clients and employees.
March is Women's History Month! (PDF, 530 KB)
Hispanic and Women Farmer / Rancher Claims Information
|CIVIL RIGHTS PROGRAM|
|Deputy EEO Official||EEO Liaison Officer|
|Edwin Almodóvar, Director||José A. Castro, ASTC-Programs|
|Phone: 787-766-5206 Ext. 115||Phone: 787-766-5206 Ext. 117|
|Fax: 787-766-5987||Fax: 787-766-5987|
|E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||E-mail: email@example.com|
|Name / E-Mail, Program Title||Telephone||Fax|
|Mario Rodríguez, Chair||787-831-3101 x.116||787-831-2141|
|Manuel Matos, Vice Chair||787-831-3101 x.108||787-831-3315|
|Nilda González, Administrative Assistant to the Director||787-766-5206 x.116||787-766-5987|
|Carlos E. Morganti, Civil Rights Advisor/ Liaison Ecological Science||787-831-3416 x.105||787-831-3315|
|Fernando Arroyo, Civil Rights Advisor/ Liaison, ASTC Field Operations||787-766-5206 x.120||787-766-5987|
|Lydia Collazo, Federal Women's & GLBT Special Emphasis Program Manager||787-743-2743 x.112||787-258-5111|
|Rafael Sierra, Hispanic Special Emphasis Program Manager||787-817-2473, x.112||787-816-5367|
|Yadira Feliciano, American Indian/ Alaskan Special Emphasis Program Manager||787-831-3416, x.104||787-837-3145|
|Hilton Miró, Asian/ Pacific Islander Special Emphasis Program Manager||787-766-5206, x126||787-766-5987|
|Jose Rívera, Disabled Special Emphasis Program Manager||787-817-2473, x115||787-816-5367|
|Rudy G. O'Reilly, Jr., Black Special Emphasis Program Manager & Member at Large for USVI||340-692-9662 x. 106||340-692-9607|
|Luis García, Veteran's Special Emphasis Program Manager & Member at Large for PR||787-766-5206 x. 132||787-766-5987|
|Julie Wright, Outreach Coordinator||340-692-9662 x. 107||340-692-9607|
These documents require
• Federal Women's Program (FWPM) Flyer - April 2013 (PDF, 292 KB) - NEW!
• Federal Women's Program (FWPM) Flyer - March 2013 (PDF, 249 KB) - NEW!
• Women's History Month Poster - March 2013 (PDF, 530 KB) - NEW!
• Caribbean Area Black History Month Celebration Flyer - February 2013 (PDF, 211 KB) - NEW!
• 2013 Black History Month Poster (PDF, 1MB) - February 2013 - NEW!
• Disability Month Poster - October 2012 (PDF, 256 KB)
• LGBT/SEP 2nd Quarter Newsletter - March 2012 (PDF; 303 KB)
• FWPM/SEP December 2011 Newsletter - January 2012 (PDF; KB)
• NRCS Caribbean Area Salutes its Veterans - November 2011 (PDF; 570 KB)
• Caribbean Area Civil Rights FY 2011 Annual Newsletter - October 2011 (PDF; 895 KB)
• Caribbean Area Civil Rights Brochure - October 2011 (PDF; 297 KB)
• LGBT/SEP Newsletter - National Coming Out Day - October 2011 (PDF; 141 KB)
• September 15 - October 15, 2011 is National Hispanic Heritage Month!
• FWPM Flyer - September 2011 (PDF; 264 KB)
• FWPM Flyer - August 2011 (PDF; 134 KB)
• LGBT/SEP 3rd Quarter Newsletter - June 2011 (PDF; 254 KB)
• Women of the Caribbean Area NRCS Poster - March 2011 (PDF; 183 KB)
• FWPM Flyer - February 2011 (PDF; 137 KB)
• LGBT/SEP 1st Quarter Newsletter - December 2010 (PDF; 196 KB)
If you believe you have been discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, age (if over 40), national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or reprisal for equal employment activities, in an employment matter or in the workplace, and wish to initiate an Equal Employment Opportunity complaint, you must contact your EEO counselor within 45 days of the alleged discriminatory action. Contact the USDA-NRCS Civil Rights Employment Division at 301-504-2181 for assignment of an EEO counselor or visit the NRCS Civil Rights Division EEO Complaint site for more information.
NRCS Civil Rights Employment Division
5601 Sunnyside Avenue
Mail Stop #5472
Belstville, MD 20705-5472
Confidential, professional counseling is available at no cost to NRCS employees, provided by The Sand Creek Group, Ltd., Stillwater, MN. They can help you deal with difficult problems (relationship issues, separation or divorce concerns, alcohol or other chemical abuse, concerns about your job, loss and grief, financial crisis, parent/child difficulties, and many other personal problems. Contact:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
For more information on NRCS Caribbean Area Civil Rights, please contact: Elizabeth Hernández at 787-766-5206, Ext. 129.